Perch Update 2.7
23 October 2014
We’ve updated Perch with some new features and bug fixes discovered through our support forums. This is an update to Perch and Perch Runway.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Reduces work done on login page for logged out users
- Improves upload handling of assets
- Fixes padding around App menu trigger
- Fixes missing import icon
- Fixes category checkbox layout
- Fixes a error that can be thrown with new categories before they have a value
-afteron repeater fields
- Subpage role settings are now copied to new subpages
- Passes through
perch:categorytags to select box
What features does it add?
This release adds the following features and improvements:
- Adds support for Perch Runway
disable-asset-panel="true"option on files and images
perch:layouttemplate tags for rendering layouts from within templates
allowemptyon public form select boxes, along with
placeholderto add a placeholder message
- Improves indexing of
textareafields to reduce index load
- Updates PHPMailer to v5.2.9
- Adds new ‘Add subpage’ button to page region listing page
What impact does it have for my clients?
Perch 2.5 made user interface changes, especially around the uploading of images and files. You may wish to walk your clients through the changes on a staging site before making them live if updating from a version prior to 2.5. This update (2.7) makes improvements and fixes bugs but doesn’t change the interface significantly.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- If updating from <2.6, copy the
templates/categoriesfolder across, and add
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
Perch now requires PHP 5.3 with JSON support. Please check your diagnostics report before updating to be sure that your hosting supports these requirements.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
If updating from a version prior to 2.5 and using the Blog, Events or Comments add-ons, you should update those also.