We’ve updated Perch with some new features and a number of bug fixes discovered through our support system. This is an update to Perch 2. Please read the full Perch 2.0 update notes if updating from Perch 1.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues, wanting to try the new features or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes a bug where
aria-attributes weren’t passed through on
- Fixes a CSS issue when the window is narrow and the sidebar is hidden
- Fixes issue where role privileges weren’t being translated through the language file
- Fixes bug where setting select box options weren’t translated using the language file
What features does it add?
This release adds the following features and improvements.
- Adds a new login screen design
- Adds repeaters
- Adds Role Actions for making bulk edits to region and subpage permissions, site-wide
- Adds a role privilege to enable/prevent users adding top level pages
- Adds a role privilege to enable users to delete their own pages
- Adds an option for Primary Admins to change a region template in the region options
- Changes Map field type to not specify fixed dimensions if none given and
PERCH_MAP_JSconstant for providing your own JS handling of maps
- Adds class of
.cmsmapto map containers to facilitate styling
CMSMap.UI.refresh()method for reloading maps that were hidden on page load
- Constrains large logos to max 235px in the sidebar
- Adds perch_item_zero_index for zero-based index count
- Adds routine to clear old entries out of scheduled task log to stop it growing too large
- Updates jQuery to 1.10.2+migrate
- Updates image preview thumbnails to be 2x density for retina displays
What impact does it have for my clients?
This update includes a new login screen design. While the functionality is the same, it looks a bit different. You may wish to advise less technically confident clients of the change so that it’s not a surprise.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
Unzip the download and replace your
perch/core folder with the new
perch/core folder. Perch will update itself when you log in.