Perch Update 2.6.6
18 September 2014
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Refines indexing to reduce image load on index
- Fixes bug with category set slug creation
- Fixes bug with category creation when importing from Blog
- Fixes CSS issue with category checkboxes for fewer than 4 categories
What features does it add?
This release adds the following features and improvements:
- Adds no-index attribute to template tags to prevent unnecessary indexing
What impact does it have for my clients?
Perch 2.5 made user interface changes, especially around the uploading of images and files. You may wish to walk your clients through the changes on a staging site before making them live if updating from a version prior to 2.5. This update (2.6.6) makes improvements and fixes bugs but doesn’t change the interface significantly.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- If updating from <2.6, copy the
templates/categoriesfolder across, and add
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
Perch now requires PHP 5.3 with JSON support. Please check your diagnostics report before updating to be sure that your hosting supports these requirements.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
If updating from a version prior to 2.5 and using the Blog, Events or Comments add-ons, you should update those also.