We’ve updated Perch with some great new features as well as bug fixes discovered through our support system. This is an update to Perch 2. Please read the full Perch 2.0 update notes if updating from Perch 1.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those wanting to try the new features or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes an issue with backslashes for old PHP versions
- Fixes the content edit page to use the page’s navigation text rather than title
- Fixes a bug where running setup multiple times creates duplicate users
- Fixes a bug with between and eqbetween comparisons on perch:if tags
- Fixes a bug with SmartyPants and Textile autoloading
- Fixes a bug with sharpen attribute being ignored when set to zero
- Fixes up some old
pagination_varreferences to use
It adds these new requirements:
- Updates minimum requirement to PHP 5.3
- Requires native JSON support
What features does it add?
This release adds the following:
- Adds new Assets app and Asset chooser for reusing files and images around your site
- Adds new summary diagnostics report with most common settings
- Adds new optional
app_listarray as alternative to includes in
- Updates SmartyPants to v1.6
- Updates Textile to v3.5.5
- Updates MarkItUp! to use Markdown Extra codes for image classes on uploaded images
- Upgrades Markdown parser to Parsedown Extra
- Reduces the undo history stack size from 30 items to 8, which reduces storage space
- Delays Resource clean up for 24 hours after resource is created
What impact does it have for my clients?
This release makes user interface changes, especially around the uploading of images and files. You may wish to walk your clients through the changes on a staging site before making them live.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- This release updates the MarkItUp! editor, so copy
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
This update requires PHP 5.3 with JSON support. Please check your diagnostics report before updating to be sure that your hosting supports these requirements.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.