Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes a bug with Category Set options, plus the below from 2.6.4:
- Fixes permissions around category and set creation and deletion
- Fixes a problem with child assets not being flagged as library assets
What features does it add?
This release adds the following features and improvements:
- Adds support for
- Makes JPEG images progressive by default, adds
PERCH_PROGRESSIVE_JPEGoption to disable
- Adds category count support
- Improves category API support
What impact does it have for my clients?
Perch 2.5 made user interface changes, especially around the uploading of images and files. You may wish to walk your clients through the changes on a staging site before making them live if updating from a version prior to 2.5. This update (2.6.5) makes improvements and fixes bugs but doesn’t change the interface significantly.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- If updating from <2.6, copy the
templates/categoriesfolder across, and add
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
Perch now requires PHP 5.3 with JSON support. Please check your diagnostics report before updating to be sure that your hosting supports these requirements.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
If updating from a version prior to 2.5 and using the Blog, Events or Comments add-ons, you should update those also.