We’ve updated Perch with some new features and a number of bug fixes discovered through our support system. This is an update to Perch 2. Please read the full Perch 2.0 update notes if updating from Perch 1.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those wanting to try the new features or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes some layout issues at very small screen sizes
- Fixes bug where new pages referencing master pages didn’t transfer well between Windows and Linux
- Fixes potential image resize rounding issue for some builds of GD
- Changes image crop behaviour to accept crops where only one dimension changes
- Fixes bug with image file naming for non-integer image densities
- Fixes bug where hidden templates weren’t shown in the region options template list
- Fixes bug with editing maps within apps (API issue)
- Fixes errors with search result excerpts
- Fixes URL encoding problem when redirecting after logging back in after a session timeout
- Fixes missing file icon on API file upload fields
- Fixes preview for regions in list/detail edit mode (needs ‘single item URL’ setting)
- Updates jQuery
What features does it add?
This release adds the following features and improvements:
divider-afterattributes to template tags (docs)
- Adds SmartyPants to Markdown formatting
- Adds an option to create a page in a new folder
- Adds option to move a page’s file when changing the path
- Adds page attributes, along with
smarttextfield type (docs)
- Adds full item content availability to search results template (docs)
- Adds a View Page button to the edit form smart bar
- Simplifies the main Pages listing, removing the ‘Type’ column
- Adds Ctrl-E to Edit option from site pages (requires
- Adds keyboard shortcut to save content with Ctrl-S or Cmd-S is used (where browser allows override)
- Adds ‘each’ option to
perch_content_custom()to provide a custom PHP callback function (requires PHP 5.3) (docs)
- Adds apps option to search a subset of apps (docs)
- Adds new templates/pagination default templates (docs)
paginateis used (docs)
- Adds page modified date and
- Adds the website URL setting to the link for the current page in the edit form sidebar
perch:templatetags to change the namespace to that of the including template (docs)
PERCH_TIME_SHORTconstants for admin date display
- Adds the ability to pass an array of region keys to
no-conflictoption to search (docs)
editor-configattribute for textareas – gets added as a
- Adds new
PERCH_HTML_ENTITIESswitch to enable use of HTML entities rather than unicode characters
- Adds ‘Shared’ page to Pages dashboard widget
perch_content_custom()output to show what value the item was sorted on
perch_content_custom()legacy compatibility mode
- Updates help text, Markdown and Textile guides
- Default templates now use Markdown instead of Textile
What impact does it have for my clients?
The Page Options view has been split down into Page Options and Page Details. Options includes technical settings, whereas Details includes page title, navigation title and any page attributes (new feature).
If your client uses Page Options to change page title etc, it would be worth familiarising them with the changes.
Other interface changes include a simplified Pages listing.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
Unzip the download and replace your
perch/core folder with the new
perch/core folder. Perch will update itself when you log in.
New default templates
This release includes some new templates, which would be useful to copy into your site.
These are not essential for an existing site, but are useful and exist for new installations so are recommended.