Perch Update 1.8.4
16 March 2012
We’ve updated Perch with a number of small bug fixes for issues discovered via our support system.
Please back up your site and database before updating. Run the /perch/update script once you have copied the files, and if upgrading from a version prior to 1.7, be sure to save any region before changing its settings or deleting items due to database changes.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Improves search results for terms including non-ASCII characters
- Fixes issue with slashes in search terms
- Reinitialises maps and editors after content drag/drop reorder
- When drag/drop reordering, Save/Undo buttons now appear even if position hasn’t changed
- Changes upload file duplicate renaming to use file-1.doc, file-2.doc style numbering
- Prevented stripping of ‘-’ from uploaded file names
- Adds passthrough of missing ‘size’ attribute on form inputs
- Changes require_once to require for better performance
- Fixes a bug with region ordering for >10 regions per page
- Fixes a bug with the
imageclassesoption for MIU image upload widget
- Fixes to email class to use correct line breaks – thanks Ian Routledge.
Users experiencing these issues should update when convenient.
What features does it add?
- Adds new
What impact does it have for my clients?
Editors should not notice any major differences to the interface.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Make a back-up of your files and database.
No, really. Make a back-up. There’s always someone who doesn’t and manages to delete the wrong files – don’t let that be you.
Unzip and replace your existing files with the exception of:
- Additional plug-ins in
- Additional apps in
apps– just copy
These contain information specific to your installation and should not be overwritten. There is no need to copy
setup, as you’re already up and running.
If updating from a version prior to 1.8, visit
/perch/update in your browser. That’s all you need to do – Perch is now updated.