Perch Update 2.5.3
10 July 2014
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes Textile bug with double-encoded ampersands in links
- Moves UI plugin insertion point to bottom of the page below jQuery include
- Enforces more predictable behaviour when a shared region and a page region use the same name
What features does it add?
This release adds the following:
- Double clicking an asset in the asset chooser now selects and actions the selection
- Adds a privilege to prevent roles uploading new assets
- A bucket can now be chosen when uploading through the Assets app
- Asset chooser now defaults to the target bucket
Note that the new privilege to enable uploading may need to be enabled for roles in some installations in order for those users to continue as before. Go to Users, Roles, choose the role and verify the Assets privileges you have set.
What impact does it have for my clients?
Perch 2.5 made user interface changes, especially around the uploading of images and files. You may wish to walk your clients through the changes on a staging site before making them live. This update (2.5.3) fixes bugs but doesn’t change the interface further.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- This release updates the MarkItUp! editor, so copy
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
Perch 2.5 and greater requires PHP 5.3 with JSON support. Please check your diagnostics report before updating to be sure that your hosting supports these requirements.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
If you use the Blog, Events or Comments add-ons, you should update those also.