Perch Update 2.5.2
03 July 2014
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes a shortcoming where empty value fields were not added to the content index
- Fixes a bug with asset field types and Perch 1 old format imported content
- Fixes missing ‘jpeg’ file extension from image list in assets
- Fixes a form validation bug that manifested in top-level pages not being created
- Fixes a bug with checkboxes repopulating in public facing forms
What features does it add?
This release adds the following:
- Adds general error state to forms
perch:error for="all" type="general"
What impact does it have for my clients?
Perch 2.5 made user interface changes, especially around the uploading of images and files. You may wish to walk your clients through the changes on a staging site before making them live. This update (2.5.2) fixes bugs but doesn’t change the interface further.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- This release updates the MarkItUp! editor, so copy
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
Perch 2.5 and greater requires PHP 5.3 with JSON support. Please check your diagnostics report before updating to be sure that your hosting supports these requirements.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
If you use the Blog, Events or Comments add-ons, you should update those also.