We’ve updated Perch with some new features and bug fixes discovered through our support forums. This is an update to Perch and Perch Runway.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes bug with resource use not being correctly logged for attribute templates
- Fixes typo in default user emails
- Fixes bug with form template paths when moving between opposingly slashed file systems
- Runway: updates Dropbox SDK to fix API changes
- Runway: fixes bug with category removal from collection items
What features does it add?
- Increases performance through increased database index utilisation
- Increases asset upload size limit in dropzone script
- Runway: adds content relationships between collection items
- Runway: adds previous and next links to collection item edit page
- Runway: adds new pagination URL options in
- Runway: Adds
What impact does it have for my clients?
This update should have no impact for your clients unless they were experiencing any of the above issues.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- If updating from <2.6, copy the
templates/categoriesfolder across, and add
- Perch Runway users, copy the
perch/addons/apps/perch_dropboxfolder to get the latest updates
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
Perch now requires PHP 5.3 with JSON support. Please check your diagnostics report before updating to be sure that your hosting supports these requirements. Perch Runway requires PHP 5.4. You should always run the newest release of PHP available to you.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
If updating from a version prior to 2.5 and using the Blog, Events or Comments add-ons, you should update those also.