Perch Update 2.8.27
18 March 2016
We’ve updated Perch with some new features and bug fixes discovered through our support forums. This is an update to Perch and Perch Runway.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues, and those wanting to receive technical support. If you’re running a version older than 2.8.15, it is important to update MarkItUp even if you don’t use it. Specific patches for MarkItUp for older versions of Perch are available.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Adds a workaround for IIS misbehaving when using valid HTTP status codes (by issuing incorrect ones for Windows instead)
- Runway: fixes a bug with user permissions on Collections
- Fixes a bug with user edit forms not saving outside Paranoid mode
- Fixes a PHP 5.3 compatibility bug
- Fixes bug with dollar-numbers not showing up correctly in perch:showall output
What features and improvements does it add?
- None: this release contains bug fixes only.
What impact does it have for my clients?
This update should have little or no impact for your clients unless they were experiencing any of the above issues.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- If updating from less than 2.8.15, also copy over the
perch/addons/plugins/editors/markitupfolder to update the MarkItUp editor.
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
Note: if you can’t log in after updating, go to `/perch/core/update` in your browser so the updater can run. Then you’ll be able to log in.
Perch now requires PHP 5.3 with JSON support. Please check your diagnostics report before updating to be sure that your hosting supports these requirements. Perch Runway requires PHP 5.4. You should always run the newest release of PHP available to you.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
Perch and Perch Runway are typically updated a few times each month. View a full list of updates to see what you’ve missed.