Perch Update 1.8.3
30 January 2012
We’ve updated Perch with a number of small bug fixes for issues discovered via our support system, plus a minor theoretical security concern we wanted to be sure to lock down.
Please back up your site and database before updating. Run the /perch/update script once you have copied the files, and if upgrading from a version prior to 1.7, be sure to save any region before changing its settings or deleting items due to database changes.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for all users.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Tightens up a theoretical security issue relating to the Forms feature introduced in Perch 1.7
- Fixes a bug with Preview functionality when used together with authentication plugins
- Corrects collapsing behaviour of the Content list when a filter is used
- Fixes a bug with image paths when uploading via MIU widget on Windows
- Fixes bug with empty search result items appearing with multi-word searches
- Updates jQuery to 1.7.1, which fixes a bug with the Content list not collapsing
- Fixes a bug where
PerchSystem::set_pagewasn’t clearing Content cache
Users experiencing these issues should update when convenient. Users of the Forms functionality should update straight away to take advantage of the security improvements.
What features does it add?
- Adds new
PERCH_CLEAN_RESOURCESconfiguration option for disabling the deletion of unused resource files.
What impact does it have for my clients?
Editors should not notice any major differences to the interface. In sites where the content list collapsing didn’t work, users may now find that this feature functions correctly.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Make a back-up of your files and database.
No, really. Make a back-up. There’s always someone who doesn’t and manages to delete the wrong files – don’t let that be you.
Unzip and replace your existing files with the exception of:
- Additional plug-ins in
- Additional apps in
apps– just copy
These contain information specific to your installation and should not be overwritten. There is no need to copy
setup, as you’re already up and running.
If updating from a version prior to 1.8, visit
/perch/update in your browser. That’s all you need to do – Perch is now updated.