Perch Update 1.2.4
31 December 2009
We’ve updated Perch with a number of new features and a small number bug fixes for issues discovered via our support system.
This update includes the fixes and features in the Perch 1.2 update.
Do I need to install this?
There’s no need to install immediately. You should update when it’s next convenient to do so. A number of subtle issues have been fixed in this release, so it’s worth updating if you’re experiencing any problems.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixed a bug with quoted values not being escaped in form fields
- Fixed a bug with ampersands in URLs being mangled by Textile
- Updated image resizing to not compress images if they are already of the specified size
- Updated image resizing to constrain to a maximum box
- Mitigated an issue where duplicate regions can cause content not to display
- Fixed a bug where specifying a greater count than available items threw an error
- Fixed bug with sort options on regions containing empty items
- Fixed issue with
Users experiencing these issues should update as soon as possible.
What features does it add?
- Added option
- Added option
perch_content_custom()to get random item
- The name ‘Perch’ now hidden in the title if hide branding is enabled
- Added new const
PERCH_XHTML_MARKUPwhich can be set to
falseto prevent XHTML markup
- Templates with names starting in an underscore are now hidden from the admin area
What impact does it have for my clients?
Users will not see any significant differences unless they’ve been having problems with the above bugs.
Users of non-English language translations will note that a small number of new phases have been added which will not be included in existing translation files. Those phrases will appear in English until they are defined.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Make a back-up of your files. Unzip and replace your existing files with the exception of:
plugins– if you have added to this
These contain information specific to your installation and should not be overwritten. There is no need to copy
setup, as you’re already up and running.
If you are updating from a version older than 1.2 visit
/perch/update in your browser.
That’s all you need to do – Perch is now updated.