Perch Update 3.1.1
30 March 2018
We’ve updated Perch with some new features and bug fixes discovered through our support forums. This is an update to Perch and Perch Runway.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues, and those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes a UI bug where field group icons weren’t clickable
- Fixes a field group bug for custom fieldtypes with attribute names ending in
- Fixes a bug with template handlers and new template syntax that was causing issues for Members (app update required)
- Attempts to mitigate for Redactor 3’s placeholder
- Fixes issue with redactor2 editor not initialising
- Fixes ‘array_key_exists’ warning on some empty edit pages
What features and improvements does it add?
perch_content_createto create regions with no template by setting template name to empty string
What impact does it have for my clients?
This update should have little or no impact for your clients unless they were experiencing any of the above issues.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
Perch and Runway both require PHP 5.4, but you should always run the newest release of PHP available to you. We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
Perch and Perch Runway are typically updated a few times each month. View a full list of updates to see what you’ve missed.