Perch Update 3.0.9
18 August 2017
We’ve updated Perch with some new features and bug fixes discovered through our support forums. This is an update to Perch and Perch Runway.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues, and those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes an issue where uploading assets would not always go to the selected bucket
- Fixes an issue where two OS file chooser dialogues could open when uploading an asset
What features and improvements does it add?
- Adds an admin option to delete the entire contents of a region or collection
- Improves front- and back-end performance with improvements content indexing routines
- Runway: Adds ability to set permissions on buckets per role
- Runway: Adds setting to restrict bucket selection to nominated buckets only
- Runway: Adds option of dedicated bucket per role
- Runway: Adds ability to use default buckets for a role with the special
cms-rolebucket name value
- Runway: Adds ability to set a space-delimited list of bucket options on the
buckettemplate tag attribute
PERCH_ENABLE_EXIFoption (true by default) to disable when a server has buggy EXIF implementations
What impact does it have for my clients?
This update should have little or no impact for your clients unless they were experiencing any of the above issues.
Where do I get the update?
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
Perch and Runway both require PHP 5.4, but you should always run the newest release of PHP available to you. We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
Perch and Perch Runway are typically updated a few times each month. View a full list of updates to see what you’ve missed.