Perch Update 3.0.1
05 April 2017
We’ve updated Perch with some new features and bug fixes discovered through our support forums. This is an update to Perch and Perch Runway.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues, and those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes hidden pagination on assets dialog
- Fixes warning on dashboard for main Content app
- Fixes SQL full_group_by bug in perch_content_custom
- Fixes setup bug with quotes being incorrectly escaped in initial config file
- Adds additional tests to deal with badly deleted assets
- Runway: fixes broken smartbar breadcrumb on the collection reorder page
- Changes template validation notices to only show for the primary user
What features and improvements does it add?
This release does not add any new features.
What impact does it have for my clients?
This update should have little or no impact for your clients unless they were experiencing any of the above issues.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
The new version requires PHP 5.4, but you should always run the newest release of PHP available to you. We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
Perch and Perch Runway are typically updated a few times each month. View a full list of updates to see what you’ve missed.