Perch Update 2.8.9
23 July 2015
We’ve updated Perch with some new features and bug fixes discovered through our support forums. This is an update to Perch and Perch Runway.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes a bug with moving pages on Windows file systems
- Fixes a bug with content items not being removed from index on delete
- Fixes a bug with region options not being copied correctly from a master page
- Fixes a bug with adding a block to a new item when editing multiple items on one page
- Fixes Related field type display issue when used in a repeater
- Navgroup listing and reordering now correctly uses navigation text rather than page title
What features does it add?
This release adds the following features and improvements:
- Reordering pages, regions, nav groups and categories now redirects back to the listing on save
- Master pages can now be either
- Improves resource logged for page attribute templates
- Makes DB password optional for local installations
What impact does it have for my clients?
This update should have little or no impact for your clients unless they were experiencing any of the above issues. Perch 2.8 made are subtle UI changes to the MarkItUp editor, which may be worth mentioning.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
If updating from a version older than Perch 2.8:
- Copy over the
perch/addons/plugins/editors/markitupfolder to update the MarkItUp editor.
- Be sure to update any installed apps to the latest versions
If updating from a very old version it is safe to update in one go, but please review the older update notes to make sure you don’t miss instructions.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
Perch and Perch Runway are typically updated a few times each month. View a full list of updates to see what you’ve missed.