Perch Update 2.8.16
20 November 2015
We’ve updated Perch with some new features and bug fixes discovered through our support forums. This is an update to Perch and Perch Runway.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues, and those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes Smartypants configuration for en and em dashes
- Improves natural ordering of edit fields for templates mixing single and paired tag fields
- Fixes bug with format validation on number fields set to zero
- Fixes navigation selected item logic
- Fixes bug with category autoloading within the control panel
- Fixes bug with schedule task include paths
- Fixes ampersand encoding error with fields that use Smartypants processing
What features does it add?
elseattribute to template tags
- Template errors are now red in debug output
- Template paths can now omit the
.htmlextension in options
- Runway: improves route matching logic
- Attempts to invalidate opcache on page load when in development mode
What impact does it have for my clients?
This update should have little or no impact for your clients unless they were experiencing any of the above issues.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- If updating from prior to 2.8.15, copy over the
perch/addons/plugins/editors/markitupfolder to update the MarkItUp editor.
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
Since v2.5, Perch now requires PHP 5.3 with JSON support. Please check your diagnostics report before updating to be sure that your hosting supports these requirements. Perch Runway requires PHP 5.4. You should always run the newest release of PHP available to you.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
Perch and Perch Runway are typically updated a few times each month. View a full list of updates to see what you’ve missed.