Perch Update 2.8.13
21 August 2015
We’ve updated Perch with some new features and bug fixes discovered through our support forums. This is an update to Perch and Perch Runway.
(2.8.13 was released a few hours after 2.8.12 to address a minor build bug.)
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Runway: Fixes bug with resource logging when importing items from a region into a collection
- Only images can be uploaded as a custom logo on the Settings page
- Stops new password field repopulating after changing your password
- Fixes bug with
divider-afternot displaying for some types of field
What features does it add?
This release adds the following features and improvements:
- Password reset now uses time-expired recovery URLs rather than emailing a new password
- HTML emails are now sent with plain text counterparts to improve deliverability
- Form input is now rejected if it was submitted too quickly after the form was generated
- Adds some basic good practise security headers to each request (disabled by setting
- Upgrades PHPMailer component to the latest version
env-autofill="false"to prevent form fields being autofilled from the environment
- When using SSL, cookies are now sent with a
- PHP session cookies are now set to use the
- Shortens PHP session length, but improves keep-alive routines to prevent logouts
- Rotates PHP session IDs after successful authentication
autocomplete="off"on password fields for PCI-DSS compliance (browsers ignore it anyway)
- Updates jQuery and jQuery UI, drops Migrate plugin
What impact does it have for my clients?
This update should have little or no impact for your clients unless they were experiencing any of the above issues. Perch 2.8 made are subtle UI changes to the MarkItUp editor, which may be worth mentioning.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
If updating from a version older than Perch 2.8:
- Copy over the
perch/addons/plugins/editors/markitupfolder to update the MarkItUp editor.
- Be sure to update any installed apps to the latest versions
If updating from a very old version it is safe to update in one go, but please review the older update notes to make sure you don’t miss instructions.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
Perch and Perch Runway are typically updated a few times each month. View a full list of updates to see what you’ve missed.