Perch Update 2.8
02 March 2015
We’ve updated Perch with some new features and bug fixes discovered through our support forums. This is an update to Perch and Perch Runway.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes an issue with asset list not refreshing after first upload
- Fixes some un-localised strings
- Fixes bug with Redactor edit bar overlapping UI elements
- Fixes possible namespace conflict with forms parsing
- Fixes bug with conflicting content / result variables in search results
What features does it add?
- Adds Blocks
- Adds repeaters to API
<!--* template comments *-->
perch_item_rev_zero_indexto template engine
- Improves transliteration in when urlifying
- Updates MarkItUp to use scalable icons and refreshed UI
- Improves performance (speed and memory use) when editing collection items in Runway
What impact does it have for my clients?
This update should have little or no impact for your clients unless they were experiencing any of the above issues. There are subtle UI changes to the MarkItUp editor, which may be worth mentioning.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- Copy over the
perch/addons/plugins/editors/markitupfolder to update the MarkItUp editor.
- If updating from <2.6, copy the
templates/categoriesfolder across, and add
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
Since v2.5, Perch now requires PHP 5.3 with JSON support. Please check your diagnostics report before updating to be sure that your hosting supports these requirements. Perch Runway requires PHP 5.4. You should always run the newest release of PHP available to you.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
Perch and Perch Runway are typically updated a few times each month. View a full list of updates to see what you’ve missed.