We’ve updated Perch with a number of new features and a couple of bug fixes for issues discovered via our support system.
Please back up your site and database before updating, and run the /perch/update script once you have copied the files.
Do I need to install this?
There’s no need to install immediately. You should update when it’s next convenient to do so. There’s lots of new functionality that you can benefit from once you update.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes an
E_STRICTPHP error message on strict server configurations
- Fixes error messages with language translation in the setup process
- Fixes an interdependency between start and count options in
- Fixes anchor links not working on the help page
- Clarifies messaging when activation fails due to the domain not being configured
- Fixes incorrect alphabetical sorting of template lists on some systems
- Improves help and error message on setup
Users experiencing these issues should update as soon as possible.
What features does it add?
- Adds multi-level undo functionality to revert edits
- Adds Save As Draft functionality for preparing edits in advance
- Adds ability to preview drafts before making them live
- Adds a new Map field type with support for Google maps
- Adds a
titleattribute to content tags so items can be named on the edit page
- Adds dynamic field capability to the API, so users can add new fields to app templates
- Adds a new App menu for installations with two or more apps
- Adds new default Google Analytics and Map templates
- Adds a new
defaultattribute to content tags to set default field value
Plus the following bits of housekeeping:
- Diagnostics report now includes file upload size stats
- Tidied up setup look and feel
- Moved ‘share this region’ option to region options page
- Added classes of
- Switched to an HTML5 doctype
- New icons throughout
What impact does it have for my clients?
Editors will note some small additions to the interface, although no basic functionality has changed. The primary differences are the addition of Undo and Save As Draft on the content edit pages. These do not change the existing workflow Editors will be familiar with.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Make a back-up of your files and database.
No, really. Make a back-up. There’s always someone who doesn’t and manages to delete the wrong files – don’t let that be you.
Unzip and replace your existing files with the exception of:
plugins– if you have added to this
These contain information specific to your installation and should not be overwritten. There is no need to copy
setup, as you’re already up and running.
/perch/update in your browser.
That’s all you need to do – Perch is now updated.