Perch Update 1.5.5
We’ve updated Perch with a couple of new features and number of bug fixes for issues discovered via our support system.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for all users. We advise customers to update when possible.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes an issue with page titles getting double-translated
- Fixes an issue introduced in 1.5 which cause an unnecessary DB query in admin
- Hides the “newer version is available” message from Editors
- Fixes image cropping for images below size in one dimension and above in the other
- Fixes a potential XSS issue (thanks to Michael Coates at Mozilla)
- Tidies up the closing of the DB connection so not to error if it’s already closed
- Fixes resizing images with a .jpeg extension (rather than .jpg)
- Adds caching to
perch_content_custom()to reduce database queries
Users experiencing these issues should update as soon as possible.
What features does it add?
<perch:after>tags to the templating engine
- Adds new functionality to the API – see docs
- Adds time option for API date picker
- Adds select box option for App settings
- Adds check box group field option for PerchAPI_Form
What impact does it have for my clients?
Editors will not see any significant differences unless they’ve been having problems with the above bugs.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Make a back-up of your files and database.
No, really. Make a back-up. There’s always someone who doesn’t and manages to delete the wrong files – don’t let that be you.
Unzip and replace your existing files with the exception of:
plugins– if you have added to this
These contain information specific to your installation and should not be overwritten. There is no need to copy
setup, as you’re already up and running.
If you are updating from a version older than 1.2 visit
/perch/update in your browser.
That’s all you need to do – Perch is now updated.