We’ve updated Perch with some new features and bug fixes discovered through our support forums. This is an update to Perch and Perch Runway.
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes ‘blank lines’ showing when editing within blocks
- Fixes a search bug where results were not always returned when using the ‘apps’ option
- Fixes problem with app menu items not displaying in locked down roles
- Fixes a bug where text editors were not always initialised when used in blocks in API instances
- Fixes a bug where blocks were not always persisted if higher up blocks were deleted before saving
- Fixes a bug that causes duplication of shared regions when servers fail under load
- Fixes bug which may cause resource log table not to be created
- Fixes ‘create_folder’ error when creating a page without a file
- Runway: fixes bug with Collection list pagination in control panel
- Runway: refines form dispatch to make sure it doesn’t trigger before the page is determined
What features does it add?
This release adds the following features and improvements:
not-existstemplate option for
- Adds namespace info to
- Reuses an existing empty folder when creating a new folder with the same name
What impact does it have for my clients?
This update should have little or no impact for your clients unless they were experiencing any of the above issues. Perch 2.8 made are subtle UI changes to the MarkItUp editor, which may be worth mentioning.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
If updating from a version older than Perch 2.8:
- Copy over the
perch/addons/plugins/editors/markitupfolder to update the MarkItUp editor.
- Be sure to update any installed apps to the latest versions
If updating from a very old version it is safe to update in one go, but please review the older update notes to make sure you don’t miss instructions.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
Perch and Perch Runway are typically updated a few times each month. View a full list of updates to see what you’ve missed.