Perch Update 1.1
We’ve updated Perch with a number of new features and a small number bug fixes for issues discovered via our support system.
Do I need to install this?
There’s no need to install immediately. You should update when it’s next convenient to do so.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Minor Textile formatting issues have been addressed with an updated version of Textile
- Fix for an issue encountered by some users working with the IIS web server
- Fix for an issue encountered when using a database password containing a dollar sign
Users experiencing these issues should update as soon as possible.
What features does it add?
- Image resizing and thumbnailing is now supported, using the new
heightattributes on the image template tag.
- WYSIWYG editors are now supported through a new plugin system, enabling you to make use of your favourite editor. We have included the MarkItUp! editor (with support for Textile, Markdown and HTML) to get you started.
- A new setting to choose whether or not Editors may delete regions. This can be found under Settings, and removes privileges by default. (You’ll need to go in and re-enable them if that’s your preference.)
- For developers, a new
PerchSystem::set_page()system call is available to instruct Perch of the page to deliver when using Perch with a Front Controller pattern.
What impact does it have for my clients?
The only user interface change for Editors is that they are now unable to delete regions, unless you go back into Settings and re-enable that option. Otherwise, they’ll not see any difference unless they’ve been having problems with the above bugs.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Make a back-up of your files. Unzip and replace your existing files with the exception of:
These contain information specific to your installation and should not be overwritten. There is no need to copy
setup, as you’re already up and running.
That’s all you need to do – Perch is now updated.