Perch Update 2.5.4
Do I need to install this?
This update is recommended for those experiencing the below issues or those wanting to receive technical support.
What does it fix?
This release fixes the below issues:
- Fixes Assets buckets menu to include all buckets from bucket list
- Fixes CSS issue with asset drop zone height
- Fixes CSS issue with asset draw in transition state
- Fixes timing issue with asset upload resulting in new assets not appearing in refreshed list
What features does it add?
This release adds the following:
- Adds delete option for Assets if logged in as primary admin
What impact does it have for my clients?
Perch 2.5 made user interface changes, especially around the uploading of images and files. You may wish to walk your clients through the changes on a staging site before making them live. This update (2.5.4) fixes bugs but doesn’t change the interface further.
Where do I get the update?
Log into your account and re-download the files. The download has been replaced with the newest version.
Always make a back-up of your files and database before updating.
- Unzip the download and replace your
perch/corefolder with the new
- Perch will update itself when you log in.
Perch 2.5 and greater requires PHP 5.3 with JSON support. Please check your diagnostics report before updating to be sure that your hosting supports these requirements.
We always advocate updating your staging or development copy of the site and testing the changes first. We do not recommend updating a live site without checking everything’s going to work first.
If updating from a version prior to 2.5 and using the Blog, Events or Comments add-ons, you should update those also.